I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Perspective

At yesterday's A/RHD staff meeting, we had a lengthy discussion about calendaring systems. As RHDs and ARHDs, we are being asked to utilize iCal through Apple for calendaring purposes. It will be a new venture and a little weird to get used to and may cause some frustration, but I think it is something I can manage.

We spent quite a bit of time talking about it, and it helped me to realize something:
  1. No matter our quibbles with technology upgrades and technology change, we are truly blessed in our computer access and computer upkeep. It is amazing at how current we are with trends. It also can cause some headaches.
  2. It's gonna be a tough transition when I move into a church environment and no longer have the computer technology that I do now. I will probably be lucky to have a computer with access to the internet. I doubt I will need to worry about what scheduling program I use. Heck, there were colleagues at licensing school that talked about congregations where no one has an E-mail account. Yikes!

0 comments: