I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Can't Win

To concentrate on the problems with the economy, McCain has suspended campaign ads, campaign fundraisers and has asked to postpone the first presidential debate. He wants to concentrate on working with Congress and the government on figuring out what we can do to improve things...it's looking pretty bad.

I honestly can't tell you whether this is a genuine move on his part...or, if this is a way to pander to voters showing he is a "maverick" and will put the country first in comparison to Obama. What I do know is that people jumped on this one way or the other and totally take it too the extremes: McCain is a hero! McCain is going to lose, he's getting desperate.

I want to think he's genuinely worried about the economy. He should be. As one analyst pointed out on the CM POTUS Station, this situation is way more important than an election.

I suppose we'll find out the merits of his move. Will it help the economy? Will it help his election?

0 comments: