I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Apathy...

http://winneblogo.blogspot.com/2008/10/angry-republican-student-letter-in.html

In his post, the author talks about a Republican affiliated student who thinks there is a bias on campus. While I would be the first to admit that a college campus is going to generally be a liberal environment, I don't feel any bias on campus. If there is, join a group that can help balance it.

As for the feeling of apathy on campus, I can only wonder if students are disillusioned by the current status of the government. Our foreign and domestic concerns go fare beyond one president, Congress or one specific leader. It is definitely a group effort. I think many people, including many students, are just tired of the system and how it seems to screw them over.

I'm not sure if any candidate for president thrills me all that much. Obama and his ideas really scare me, so I will vote for McCain. But, he's no picnic either.

Getting involved in change is a start. In the end, though, I do agree with my dad. Term limits...for everyone. No more career politicians. That is probably our biggest problem in government. Let's start over. I think the system is great. It's the stinkin' people that are corrupting it.

0 comments: