I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, October 13, 2008

NHL?

The Brewers run is over. The Bucks don't look like they're gonna be all that good. The Packers are at 0.500, but I'm not sure if they are going to make a significant push this year. They barely got past a Seahawks team without their starting quarterback.

I was paging through a copy of Sporting News and saw a preview about the NHL. Hockey? An intriguing option. I've never followed hockey, even the Stanley Cup playoffs. The closest teams to cheer for would be in Chicago or Minnesota.

Is it worth it? Anyone want to chime in? What do you all think about the NHL?

3 comments:

Jason said...

I wish we could trade the Bucks for an NHL franchise, straight up. I mean, c'mon-- they're playing HOCKEY down in Nashville and in COLUMBUS, OHIO. Seriously? COLUMBUS?

Just don't root for Chicago; they suck, anyway.

Hal and Anna said...

Hockey doesn't appear to get much TV time, but if you are ok to be a fair-weather fan, you might pick up on various aspects of the game and then be in position to enjoy the Stanley Cup run, but that is months away.

Might I suggest cheering for Wisconsin Badger basketball?

Unknown said...

College football's going, and basketball's about to start. There's always Wisconsin and/or Marquette...