I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Covenant Discipleship

I am currently reading the book Covenant Discipleship, and I am curious if anyone else has read the book or started a covenant discipleship group.

I have the concept of this book intriguing. It dates back to the times of John Wesley, when small groups of Christians met together to talk about their discipleship. They would hold each other accountable and would "watch over one another in love". The groups met weekly and were met as a supplement to regular church attendance.

In its current format as explained in the book, groups would put together and sign a covenant agreement. Each week, each person in the group would talk about each point in the covenant agreement (there are usually around 10 points in the agreement).

I find the accountability component of this very intriguing. I think it could vastly help one to grow in grace and be a better disciple. Thoughts?

0 comments: