I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Calmness

I had a resident come into my office today and ask me how I remain so calm. I was hit my a multitude of emotions:
  • Appreciation - It was nice to have someone point out something positive.
  • Accomplishment - Being more calm in all situations I have been trying to wok on for a long time. I still work on it to this day. In grad. school, I would really get worked up about all sorts of stuff, and it was obvious. Even my current supervisor cautioned me about. I have continually worked on keeping my emotions neutral and not showing emotions so obviously.
  • Irony (if that's an emotion) - I was saddened because not too much before that I kind of lost it with a resident who was arguing a small point with me. I realize it is something I continue to work on.

0 comments: