I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Presentations & Progress

It has been a busy last few days and it will continue to be that way. I have a variety of presentations on the docket:
  • I did a presentation yesterday to USRH regarding the NBC Village.
  • I led my church's SPRC meeting last night. Thankfully, that meeting was only 90 minutes.
  • I am facilitating the LBGTQ Council meeting this afternoon.
  • I have an adventure to run for OshCon tomorrow.
  • I am co-facilitating SAFE Training this Sunday.
I have blogged before about priorities and I have talked about how I couldn't add another commitment onto my plate because I am already pretty busy. As you can see, commitments can sometimes spike and all of a sudden what was once manageable can become temporarily insane. I think I have found myself in that mode right now.

As someone who is involved in student affairs, having a lot of the plate is not uncommon. You could almost call it a prequisite ;). So it's not the spike in involvement right now that's bothering me. It's the lack of progress.

I was talking about this with Christa last night. I am someone who craves efficiency and progress. Ask Christa, she would be first to agree...she knows all too well. Many of my larger involvements have not yielded too much progress. I know you are all aware of the controversy with the NBC Village and that has definitely slowed progress with it. You also know that the church is in a state of flux and continues to work toward moving forward.

Infortunately, the lack of progress has decreased my motivation and has made it more difficult get as motivated in other areas. I am hoping that after Saturday's adventure and after hanging out with my parent's I will have some time to relax and recharge.

Daily Shout-Out: Goes to our new interim pastor Earl Lindsay who offered some wonderful perspective at our SPRC meeting. He is just what this congregation needs right now.

Other News:
  • Oh yeah, I do have other games for the PS2. It has been nice getting back into Star Wars Battlefront 2.
  • I have some phone calls to make. There are people I really need to follow up with.
Days Until the Wedding: 226

0 comments: