I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Salvation Army

On Friday, I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Salvation Army in Oshkosh, WI. I helped people fill out applications for their Christmas Program. Adults receive a basket of food and kids receive gifts. I saw familes of various levels on the socioeconmic scale. It was great to see residents of Breese Hall helping out. I encourage Breese residents to sign up and help out with the Thanksgiving Sign-up occurring October 26-27.

Other News:

  • Friday: I played two hours of competitive Guitar Hero with Mark as well as other folks on first floor. It was a lot of fun. I look forward to getting a second controller for the game so that Christa and I can engage in Guitar duels.
  • Saturday: I dressed up in pink and and helped out Breese Hall for the Homecoming Float in the parade. It was really frickin' cold and I didn't do myself any favors for trying to get over a cold.
  • Saturday: Yeah...I finally went to a Titan football game for the first time. Let's recap: 4 turnovers, 3 missed field goals, 2 key injuries, 14 points, 1 loss. Not very exciting. It may be awhile before I decide to go back to another Titan football game.
  • Sunday: I spent the day cleaning. My apartment looks very nice now. Perhaps I can finally keep it that way.

0 comments: