I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Church Updates

For those of you that are curious and possibly keeping score with everything going on at my church, I thought I would provide an update for you:
  • Our old pastor will be "checking out" of the parsonage today. Sadly, there are no Methodist Room Condition Inventories (RCIs), but there should be. This will be an awkward meeting for me.
  • On Wednesday, the locks to the parsonage will be changed. Also, we will be having an emergency Church Council meeting to finalize a dollar amount that we will send on to the bishop. This is the dollar amount that we think our old pastor owes back to the church.
  • After Thursday the members of FUMC will go into the parsonage and clean it up and furnish it so that it's ready for the interim pastor.
  • The SPRC Committee continues to look to 2007 and figure out the staffing pattern for the year.
We are definitely moving along and the members of my committee are very supportive. We will have some controversial issues coming up, but nothing could be as chaotic as this current process.

1 comments:

Christa J. Droste said...

Lets hope you're not as chaotic as this past summer/fall! :) Nice job in facilitating the changes though!