I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

V For Vendetta

I had the opportunity to watch the movie V For Vendetta. I borrowed the DVD from one of my hall leaders, who recommended the movie very highly. It has been sitting by my television for a few weeks now, but last night I finally had the time to watch. I can see why he likes the movie so much; it is indeed very good.

This is definitely a flim that I need to watch again. I feel as though my thoughts may not be entirely complete, since there are probably some more subtle things that I could pick up in future viewings.

I thought storyline was very intriguing; I had no idea it was based on a graphic novel. I thought the acting was great and the dialogue was well done. I never found myself bored and even found myself wanting the movie to go longer. I liked the soundtrack as well, music was used very well throughout the film.

I found the violence in this movie to be a little too extreme. I realize this might have worked in the context of the film, but I didn't like it. Otherwise, there wasn't too much to pick on.

I highly recommend the film. Grade: A

0 comments: