I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

NBC Village

Today Christin Coleman and I will be presenting for about 10 minutes regarding the NBC Village. The presentation will look at first-year experience programs and how they can be effective. It will also look at the work that has been done on the NBC Village so far and what has yet to be done. The presentation is at 4:10 in Reeve Union and there will be a 10 minute question and answer session regarding the presentation as well. I encourage those of you that can attend the presentation to check it out. It should prove helpful in providing information about the project.

If you don't already know, I have been in on the NBC Village planning process since the decision was made that we were going to move forward with it. This is no doubt one of the largest changes (in recent history) the Department of Residence Life has put forward that alters the structure of residence hall living. And rightfully so, there is a lot of discussion about how this started and what it means for students. I am definitely all for dialogue about this and I think the students should have an opportunity to talk about its implementation. There will also be an open forum about the NBC Village after the USRH meeting. USRH Representatives will also be taking a list of questions back to the hall to gain feedback from the residents.

This is all great! What has been my larger concern in this process is the misinformation and the lack of information that has been presented about this project. Sadly, people are making decisions about whether or not to support this project based on little to no information. It is our responsibility as a Department to provide you this information and we were late in getting it to you. We are going to do our best today to do that.

That it why I cannot emphasize enough the importance of this presentation. I encourage everyone to be informed. If you have information and wish to continue to be against the project, then it is your right. But at least you have the full story. Please, please be informed before you make your decision.

Daily Shout-Out: To my dentist, who allowed me to again listen to my I-Pod throughout the filling process. It helped for what was an hour-long ordeal.

Other News:
None...this presentation has somewhat occupied my mind right now.

Days Until the Wedding:
227

0 comments: