I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Leadership Camp 2006

I thought I might utilize to today's entry to highlight some of the excitement that was Leadership Camp 2006 at Camp Onaway in Waupaca, WI. I really enjoyed my experience:
  • My Leadership: Geek, Dork or Nerd presentation went well. I have over 30 people there and I assume that everyone learned something. It came after the first evening of people not sleeping, so enthusiasm seemed pretty good.
  • The ropes course work that the group did went very well. The hall leaders were amazing and they actually managed to complete the red tarp exercise. Needless to say, a group of A/RHDs couldn't get it done...and they did.
  • I got to play poker, spoons, salad bowl and other activities throughout the weekend. I kept myself busy :)
  • I had the opportunity to in some way become closer with every member of the Breese Hall team that went to camp. It was a nice feeling as we left the island.
  • There were some parts of camp that generated some hard feelings among the group, but it was amazing that the group was able to start having conversations that will help the group to work through it.
  • I always appreciate the opportunity to share my love of role-playing games. Peter and I had that opportunity in the advisors skit. Apparently, we can play AD&D with our eyes closed.
Daily Shout-Out: Goes to the Breese Hall Camp Onaway crew: Paul, Lauren, Eric, Ryan, Larry, Stefanie, Kristen, Mary and Alexis. They were so much fun to work with. Remember the tarp!

Other News:
Let's see...most of my weekend was dominated by Leadership Camp.
  • Our new interim pastor started yesterday. I wish I could have seen him in action. I will this week. Christa said he seemed to be really great.
Days Until the Wedding: 230

0 comments: