I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

4th Annual Memorial Day Service Coverage

For the 4th year, I covered the church service at FUMC Oshkosh. Although I joked about it with the congregation, it was probably the largest crowd I have seen for a Memorial Day service. It probably has something to do with the fact that the choir is still singing and they make up a chunk of the congregation.

I am feeling more and more comfortable doing the services for the church. It felt more natural and less forced. I didn't need to script as much. It showed in the prayers and especially the sermon. Certain parts I read from my sheets and other I improvised. That is how I best operate.

Now that it is over, though, I feel like I can enjoy my weekend. It still makes me a little nervous ;).

0 comments: