I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Softball Game #1: Umm...

Last night was the first game of the Monday City League. It was an extra inning affair, but we went down 9-6 in eight innings. As a team, I can see two problems that we should probably address. One, whenever we try to make a second throw to get someone out on an additional base, we inevitably overthrow it and runs score. Two, the top of our order tries to swing for the fences and has a tendency to pop out...quite a bit.

There were a few bizarre incidents during the game. We had someone called out for leaving the bag early before a ball was caught. We was on third so that saved us a run. We also had a runner moving to third that was hit by a ground ball; he was called out so that also saved us a run.

As for my performance, I alternated with Greg in right field. We each put in four innings. Besides one fly ball that went all over the map and dropped between me and a teammate, things went pretty well. I was 0-3 at the plate. My first contact was a weak grounder. The second two times at the bast I made really good contact but was not able to get the ball past the fielder. Hopefully this changes in the future.

Hopefully my hitting improves and the team can learn from its mistakes in the first game. It was close.

0 comments: