I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

WB Softball Game #2


While we came up on the winning side last week, we definitely came up on the losing side this week in the Neenah Willie Beamon's (WB) league. We went down 17-2 in six innings. Yes, the mercy rule was invoked. :(

It was at this week's game that I realized how frustrating it can be to play in a league where there is unlimited arch for the pitches. The pitcher that we had for this game was really heaving the balls up into the air. It's not easy to swing at a pitch that is coming straight down. I struck out swinging the first time. The next I got up to plate, I took two pitches, both of which were balls. At that point he had to throw a more decent pitch and I managed to make contact...which again went straight to the infielder.

This team had more than a good pitcher. They turned three double plays and didn't let much get by. They also all could hit very well...but, out fielding didn't help much either. I think that was probably my biggest frustration with the game. We had players that were simply not paying attention to the ball. Only when the ball was coming back to the ground did som folks make any effort to go after the ball.

As for me, I am appreciating my stay at second base. I am getting more used to the infield and appreciate playing a more active role in the game.

0 comments: