I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Only Softball, Right?

Last night, Strikeforce United went down to the Peabody's team 19-17. All things said, our team did put in quite the effort. Having the minimum ten people to play, we had an injury early in the game that forced to play with one less outfielder. After a first inning drought, we managed to find out bats and put up more runs than I can ever remember us putting up. Unfortunately, fielding was all around our downfall. I think almost everybody at some point blew a catch or made a fielding error. Both phases of the game were not in sync.

For me, it was a performance I would like to forget. I got to bat five times, and did not get a hit all game. Of the five at bats, I hit the ball four times where I made a good connection, but the ball happened to be going right to where there was an outfielder/infielder. It got to be really frustrating. Worst of all, in our last inning, the bases were loaded and there were two outs and I was up to bat. I hit a great line drive...that went right to the short stop. Game over...

Other News
  • The Rock Band drums should be coming soon. Amazon.com says that they should be delivered today! We'll see. I am excited for that.
  • I am getting ready for the church service this Sunday. I looked at the Gospel lesson and I think it should be pretty easy to find things to talk about.
  • Webster Hall is now without residents. Around 50 folks are now living in Donner, but the building is empty. Cleaning to get the building ready for summer conferences has already begun. It seems so quiet!

0 comments: