I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Softball Game #2: Much Improved!

After taking a tough loss in an extra inning game, the Strikeforce United Men's Team earned a strong victory by winning 14-2 in the bottom of the six inning; the mercy rule was invoked. As a team, we managed to put everything together. The fielding was solid and we weren't trying to swing for the fences. We strung hits together and made them count. I am hoping that we can keep this up for more than one game.

I probably had my best offensive game...well, ever! I went two for three (my third at bast resulted in a high pop fly that should have been caught...we'll score that one as an error). I had 3 RBI and 3 runs. I also hit a triple and once a pinch runner as well. Needless to say, I felt like everything came together for the game. Going around the bases the first time I slid into third base. I have a really nice scrape on that knee now. Ouch! It should make running interesting.

Defensively, I never had anything hit to me. That helped preserve the good game :). We'll see now Wednesday goes...new league, new experience.

0 comments: