I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Come On, Brewers!

As I have said before, I am not a die-hard Brewers fan. I follow the team and watch the games when I can and feel as though I know most of the players and can carry a decent conversation about the team.

Last year, the Brewers exceeded most people's expectations and their late contention for a playoff spot made for an exciting summer. Braun won rookie of the year and Fielder was mentioned in certain circles for possibly being the MVP. The team seemed to be having fun.

Given their success last year, it seems the expectations have increased. With the Brewers in a division with a strong Cubs and Cardinals team, it will be difficult for them to copy the success of last year. It doesn't look like the team is having fun and I wonder if the pressure to succeed is getting to them.

They are four games under .500 and haven't been playing good ball. They only have 2-3 years with this young core before they all begin to demand more money. They have Braun signed, but Fielder will definitely be looking for money after this year. What about Hardy? Weeks? Hart? Gwynn jr.? It should be interesting.

Game 2 against the Nationals tonight. Let's hope for a victory!

0 comments: