I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Softball Experience

Christa and I made the drive to Neenah at around 8:40 PM. We were both pretty tired and figured it would be a late night. We got to Willie Beamon's at about 9:00 PM and started to warm up with some other members of the team. WB's was hard to miss...the bright lights of the stadium had a Field of Dreams feel to them.

Besides Christa, Stu and Tex I really didn't know anyone else on the team. But, we won! We came out on top 8-5. Our hitting wasn't the greatest, but we managed to put some runs together. Despite a few hiccups here and there, the fielding was OK. I bounced between second base and right center. Christa was in left center and then first base. Neither of us likes the infield so that was a great experience.

It was my best hitting night. I went 1-3 and scored a run. I did make a nice connection n my second at bat, but got underneath it a little bit and it carried right to the outfielder. He almost missed the catch. The unlimited arch pitching method is definitely going to take some getting used to.

The field at WB's is very nice and well-maintained. It is nice and flat and is way above what we play on at County Park.

I'm 2-0 this week in softball. We'll see if the luck continues...

0 comments: