I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Memorial Day Weekend Preview


As has become a tradition for me over the last few years, I will be the RHD on Duty this weekend for the Department of Residence Life. I am allowed off-campus, but I can't leave the city of Oshkosh. When you add in that it is a three-day weekend, it makes for a nice long weekend to hopefully get some things done. What's on tap?:
  • I need to get final preparations done for the church service on Sunday. My sermon on Sunday will be reflecting on Matthew 6:24-34. There are some memorable quotes about not being able to serve two masters (see picture) as well as the lilies of the field. It has been interesting preparing material for the sermon. I think it will go well. They get easier to put together the more I do it...imagine if I did it every week? ;)
  • Christa and I will continue to play Rock Band. She and I have enjoyed the flexibility of jumping between lead guitar, bass guitar and drums while playing the World Tour Mode. I am slowly getting the hand of drums. I am also working through the Solo Tour on guitar on expert. Thirty songs down, 15 to go. I will say that it is at least easier that Guitar Hero 3. Hopefully I can make my way through it. Fifty achievement points on the line :).
  • I am also hoping to get a jump on writing the adventure for the June 27-28 AD&D weekend marathon we will be having. I am hoping with some designated time for preparation, I can make a really nice, detailed adventure that will have a good balance of fighting, role-playing and even a few puzzles. You can fit a lot into 14 hours.
  • I may end up seeing a movie this weekend. The summer blockbusters are starting to pile up and I need to make a dent in the list.
  • Otherwise, it will be a time to rest and relax from the craziness of move out last weekend.

0 comments: