I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bowling

Despite the inclement weather last night (more snow!) our staff ventured to Oshkosh Lanes to do some bowling. We had been planning for a few weeks, but some staff members had things that came up the last few weeks. So, yesterday was the day.

I actually had a good night bowling. I bowled a 137 my first game and a 156 my second game. I had a lot more focus that night than I have had in previous bowling opportunities. I don't bowl much anymore. I used to bowl a lot. That could attributed to the following factors:
  • I used to go to a graduate school that had a national champ bowling team. This meant they had good facilities.
  • Bowling in the Union only cost $1.50. Sometimes it was free if you knew the right people.
  • I had more free time in graduate school.
  • I had a really good friend who also liked to bowl.
  • It was a good stress reliever.
In Oshkosh, bowling is expensive and the alleys smell like smoke. I don't have as much free time as I'd like. I will need to figure out how to feed this old habit.

0 comments: