I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Small Repairs


As I mentioned yesterday, it's spring break right now for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. As I was wrapping things up last week, I was informed by the residence life facilities office that some work was going to be done on the piping to Breese Hall. I found this curious because my staff and residents had pointed out that the basement had been humid and had smelled like steam.

As you can tell by the pictures, break periods provide an excellent opportunity to get some more major projects done around campus. Those of you who are residence hall students may not necessarily realize some of the larger projects that get done during breaks. They provide a great opportunity to catch up on projects, especially without anyone in the building...except for me.

They spent most of Monday digging out a large chunk of the ground near the high side entrance to Breese. They are examining the steam piping and it looks like it may need to be replaced. I am not sure. That makes things complicated because as part of the project will involve them shutting of the water on Wednesday. I won't have any access to water in my apartment. It should only be one day, but it is possible that it could be more. I am glad that I could get some pictures...it's quite a war zone.

Other News
For some reason my counter is off a day. I go in for my wisdom tooth work tomorrow. Fun.

1 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

What people also don't realize is sometimes RDs go without water, electricity, and/or cable during repairs that happen while students area away. Good luck with the wisdom teeth!