I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Bad Weather...Please!

All week I heard about how bad the weather was going to be this week. I was a little worried with the Oshkosh Placement Exchange this weekend and was hoping things wouldn't be too bad. The weather report was saying that the big stuff was going to come Wednesday night with us starting the Transportation Center Thursday at noon.

Before I went to bed, I had my usual prayer. I was reminded of a scene from the movie Patton in which he asked a chaplain for a weather prayer. Patton wanted good weather to continue his invation. The chaplain created and prayed the following prayer:

"
Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations."

Although we aren't planning on attacking anyone, we do have a mission to complete. I did not pray for good weather, I prayed for the safety of those involved with OPE. The weather is holding out and we were able to get the Transportation Center started without too many problems.

1 comments:

Jim Droste said...

Ok...so the weather did get worse as the day went on. But, you have to admit, it could have been much worse.

Who knew we'd need umbrellas in March?