I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Live Remote from GCC


I write this morning's post from the confines of Room 123 of the Gruenhagen Conference Center. We are deep into the Oshkosh Placement Exchange; we are also deep under snow :)! It appears the worst of the winter weather is over. After a lovely winter mix on Thursday, we transitioned to full out snow on Friday. The shuttle services faithfully kept its routes going despite the adverse weather.

I closed the Transportation Center yesterday at midnight and opened it at 7:00 AM this morning. Woot! I think I'll be fine for today, but when I have to open again on Sunday...that's going to sting a little bit.

My pet project during my eight hours of supervision yesterday involved drawing a dungeon for an upcoming Dungeons & Dragons adventure. Sure, I go some funny looks but it was worth it. I found the drawing to very therapeutic in what was at times a very stressful day. Hopefully the players appreciate it as well.

Unlike years before, I am actually able to get some "work" done. In addition to some gaming work, I was also able to work on some wedding planning as well.

0 comments: