I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Mmm...video games

For those of you that are curious, I am pretty much back to normal after the wisdom tooth work. I am eating as I did before and I was able to run and lift weights today. I am going back to the oral surgeon's office this afternoon for a follow-up. Let's hope everything is progressing as it should.

Many thanks for Mark Medinger and Nick Sayner for giving me some games to try out for the XBox 360. I rented Saint's Row as well to give that a whirl. It was OK, but I did get tired of the game after awhile.

I then rented The Godfather for the XBox 360. This game is pretty sweet. I plan on purchasing it after I turn in my rental copy. There is something about actually going through a plot line that runs along with the movie that is cool. You can rob banks, steal shipment trucks, take over warehouses, extort businesses, bribe cops (or kill them) and work your way up in the Corleone family. Good times.

I am finding some real utility to renting games first. You can get a real sense if the game is for you before you buy it. Like Nick, I am also considering a membership with Gamefly. It might prove a decent alternative to purchasing games. We'll see.

0 comments: