I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Amusing Story

Thursdays are my new "long run" day on my running schedule. Today called for a 7 mile run and I mapped out a 6.83 mile run. I was making my way along the running route and was running on Main St. for quite awhile. I was looking for 20th Street, but saw a jump to 21st with no 20th. So...I ran to 24th Street hooked up with Oregon and made my way back to 20th.

It wasn't until I got to 20th that I forgot 20th stopped at Oregon; there is no Main St./20th intersection. I completed the rest of my run as mapped. When I got done, I finished the run in 73 minutes. That seemed really slow for 6.83 miles, especially given the fact that I felt really good during the run and felt my pace was pretty fast. I check the run and sure enough I only the route going to Oregon which would allow access to 20th Street.

Re-mapping the route, my run was actually 7.83 miles. That was pretty sweet.

The good news is that I felt like I could have kept running when I was done...maybe 13.1 miles is not so out of the question.

On a side note, I began my weight training yesterday. I'll keep you posted on how that's going.

0 comments: