I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 19, 2007

WURHA 2007 Reflection

Although I had to leave WURHA right after the banquet, I still feel like I had something of a conference hangover for most of Sunday. As such, I didn't really feel up to writing an entry yesterday.

So, WURHA 2007 was a good time. I had the opportunity to present two programs on Saturday morning. One programs was about listening to music; the other program discussed more effective leadership behaviors. If a program is highly rated, it has the opportunity to be selected as a "Top Ten Program." I found out that advisor programs were not eligible for top ten.

At first I was a little frustrated about that. If my program was in the top ten, it should be in the top ten. It took my friends and colleagues Ryan and Peter to put things in perspective for me. They helped me to realize that my program possibly being in the top ten would keep a student out of the top ten. The conference is for the students.

I enjoyed being a conference guest at WURHA. I appreciated having zero responsibility and just enjoying the sights and sounds of WURHA. I also was awarded a WURHA Star Pin by the WURHA president, Kaitlin Connor. That was cool as well.

This was Christa's first leadership conference; it was nice to share the experience with her.

0 comments: