I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Scandal at Algoma

Last night, I attended the Ash Wednesday service at Algoma Boulevard United Methodist Church. It was a joint service with First Church. I let Jocelyn Crist, friend and fellow RHD, know about the service so we decided that we would go and sit together.

Sadly, the majority of folks in attendance were Algoma folks. However, a few First folks did attend and sat around us. As they sat down, they would look at Jocelyn and I and their glance would take a little longer than usual. Jocelyn picked up on it, too. It was not just one stare, it got to be passing glances and other stares.

I should point out that Christa has a Wednesday night class and knew in advance that Jocelyn and I were going. There was no scandal (sorry). I just found it amusing that if I hang out with a female that is not Christa, it might elicit thoughts and rumors.

Or, I'm just paranoid.

0 comments: