I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dentist Visits Are Never Dull

I went to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday. The good news is that I didn't have any cavities. I did receive some valuable information about flossing and I will now be using ACT fluoride wash. I did receive some more sobering news...

...I need to have my wisdoms teeth pulled. *sigh* My dentist gave me a referral form for a oral surgeon in the area. I will be making an appointment as soon as possible. I made it all the way to 30; I thought I could make it a little longer. I am hoping to have this taken care of during the summer when not too much is going on...we'll see.

I also still have a baby tooth. My dentist gave me a variety of options. I can leave it there and see how long it lasts. His father had a baby tooth his entire life. I can have braces to make room for the baby tooth to come out and have the adult tooth come in (painful and expensive from what I can gather). or, I can remove both teeth and have a bridge where the tooth would be. Too many options, but for now I think I'm going to keep the baby tooth and see what happens.

Dentist trips are always exciting.

0 comments: