I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Brain.....About to Explode

I have officially reached the most hellish part of the spring semester for me. Over the next couple weeks, many responsibilities come at once. This happens every spring and I'm ready for it, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

Over the next two weeks, I have the following:
  • The Oshkosh Placement Exchange (OPE) - This takes place March 1-4. For this, I have to supervise the Transportation Center 19 hours, help with 6 hours or so of interviews and just generally be available.
  • NBC Village Staff Interviews - Jocelyn, Michelle & I need to conduct seven hours of interviews for folks that want to transfer to the NBC Village. We will be doing these the same weekend as OPE.
  • CA/PA Selection - We will be doing this the week before spring break, but I will need to review all of the files before selection. There are a lot of files to review.
  • RHD Selection - Ia m on the RHD selection team. More files and more interviews.
  • The Wedding - And to top it all off, Christa and I want to have invitations out when spring break starts. So, we are compiling addresses and ordering stuff so that we are ready.
It's not everything, but it's quite a list. I list these items not to look for sympathy, but more to understand that I have quite a bit going on for the next few weeks, so you may not hear from me too much or see me as much as you usually do.

Many of us in the field of student affairs are in the same boat, so they can tell a similar story. It';s the fun of being in Residence Life. Peace.

0 comments: