I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Running Revolution...Sorta

I am excited to hear of the growing level of participation in the upcoming Oshkosh Half Marathon on April 21. As I have mentioned before, the 2nd floor Breese CA Mike is doing it. He mentioned to me that several of his residents are interested in doing it. My goodness, this might actually turn into a hall program ;).

With a half marathon comes training, and I am also excited to hear about other folks in the building that are running. They tell me that they have run 3, 4 or 5 miles. They have started weight lifting. I can only hope that my new devotion to fitness might in some small way be rubbing off on them.

Eric Minix, the NCC/WCC for UW Oshkosh will be joining me for my runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. He started yesterday and I will say it is nice to have someone else along for the run. Conversation always makes the run go faster. Others are welcome to join us. The catch is that I run at 7:00 AM each morning, although by the time I get up and get dressed, it's more like 7:10 AM. I run Monday-Friday. Let me know!

The countdown to the half marathon can be found in the upper right hand corner of the blog. It's getting close. My schedule running is becoming more regular and I think my body continues to adjust to a higher level of activity. Hopefully by April it's ready. :)

0 comments: