I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, February 12, 2007

A New Addition

I went out for a four-mile run this morning. My pace was faster this morning that it has been for a few weeks. I am assuming that the "warmer" temperatures are allowing we to warm up and stretch the pace out a little bit. After the run this morning, I made my way over to the Kolf Sports Center on campus and did eight 100-meter strides on the track.

If you aren't familiar with a stride, you basically take half of the 100 meters and build up to a speed that is not quite a sprint. You maintain this pace for the remaining portion of the distance. I have been waiting until I built up some mileage before I incorporated strides. It is also my intent to start building in one day of speed work each week as well. Hopefully, as the weeks go by we will see some improvement in the mile pacing.

Also concerning additions, I have added a wedding and half-marathon counter to the web page. You, too, can witness the impending doom....I mean, joy! :)

0 comments: