I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

New Book Series: Left Behind

I have recently started reading the book Left Behind. It is the first in a series of 12 books that tell a story of the Earth's last days. I am about 25% through the first book. I must say the plot line is very good and I am getting drawn into the storyline. I have heard that the plot line gets very deep and the characters are very well developed.

My only dislike of the book right now is some of the historical context that the authors lay out for the world of today. I won't go into details, but some of it is a stretch. I realize it's a work of fiction, but when you are trying tell a story of the modern world, some of their changes feel a little out of place.

If you've read these books, let me know what you think.

1 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

I've read the series. The bonus that you have at this point in time is not having to wait for each book to be published (each one has a cliff hanger at the end that you had to wait for the next book to come out). Yes, it's true that it is difficult to bring the imagery of Revelation to a modern context, but they took some creative liberties making the ideas fit.