I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The 2006 Packers

Of all the years that I have followed the Packers seriously (maybe 1995), this is probably the year that I know the least about them. I am simply not as excited for the Packer's season this year. Why? Well, let's generate a quick list:
  • They stunk last year and they didn't make many changes that make me think they will stink less.
  • Brett Favre doesn't have many people to throw the ball to.
  • The defense is young, inexperienced and does not have much depth.
  • Overall, the team is young and will need time (a few years) to mature and be competitive.
  • The coaching staff is almost entirely new and quite unproven.
  • I couldn't tell you too many starters as well (although that will change as the year goes on).
Today, the Packers start against the Bears. I think the Packers could actually win this game. The Bears have a tremendous defense, but no offense. If the Packers can minimize mistakes, they may be able to stay in the game late...perhaps that's when Favre can work some of his old magic.

As for the year, I would say the Packers will finish 6-10 at best. I hope I'm wrong. As my dad said yesterday, you have to keep your expectations low this year. Hopefully, you'll come away surprised. More after the game.

0 comments: