I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

First OGS Meeting

On Tuesday, I took a chance and went to my first Oshkosh Gaming Society (OGS) meeting. It was an interesting experience to say the least. I met some interesting characters, a group of people that I miss by not going to the annual Gen Con Convention. I had the opportunity to play a game called Bitin' Off Hedz. I am hoping that I can sneak into a role-playing game some time in the future, but that might prove to be difficult.

Daily Shout-Out: Today's shout out goes to Deadre Holmes, the counseling center liaison for Breese Hall. She and I had a great meeting together and she seems to really take an interest in learning about the residence hall environment. She is just starting her tenure at UWO.

Other News
:
  • Peter Brooks had his first career start last night as a Dallas Cowboy on my Madden 2006 game. Although statistically not the best, he did manage to lead the Cowboys to victory. He threw a TD, but also had one INT. Sadly, his receivers did him no favors by having six drops during the game, one of which would have been a second TD pass. My goal is to play one game a night, or something close to that.
  • It was nice to start doing the church choirs again. I was worried about the atmosphere at the meetings simply because of recent happenings. I am happy to report that the rehearsals were fun and church more normal than it has in a long time.
  • I had coffee with two people that I have talked to in some time. It morphed into lunch and the three of us talked for an hour and a half. It is something that we will attempt to do each week and I think it provided an outlet for me to break out of always eating lunch with Residence Life folks (not that they are at all bad). :)

0 comments: