I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Resolution: The Next Step

Nothing like a 2 hour and 3o minute church meeting to cap your Thursday. We had an SPRC Meeting along with a Church Council meeting last night. I was worried that we would continue to dwell on dead issues, but that was not the case. We were able to move on and start the healing process. The SPRC Committee meetin afterward began to tie up some loose ends and I think the healing process can begin.

Since I have completed my Master's Degree, I can tell that I have become less of an emotional person. My two years in graduate school brough out a lot of the "feeling" component in the Myers Briggs Inventory. I often led with my heart and let it guide my decisions. I think my core value system has me leading with my head more...and that has perdominated my actions with the churhc drama. It some ways it may make me appear to be heartless or see disengaged from the proceedings, but in many ways it has been a blessing. As chair of a committee deeply rooted in this process, it has helped me to remain neutral in what can be an emotionally charged affair.

In my conversations with Harry over the last few years, we have talked about the ministry and he talks about how much of it involved working from your heart. But working from the heart has also gotten him into some trouble. So, maybe I can be the minister that leads with his head and still does a good job :).

Daily Shout Out: This goes out to Janet Karst, the admin. assistant in Scott Hall who celebrated her 60th birthday yesterday!

Other News:
  • My event was accepted for OshCon 2006. I will nice to begin role-playing again. I hope people will do the adventure and like it enough to continue.
  • Tonight is the LBGTQ pot luck dinner. This is the first one I have gone to; it should be a good time.
  • I am seeing "Gridiron Gang" this weekend. Jen and I hopeful that it will be a good movie.
  • The Pride of the Valley Chorus performs tomorrow night and Christa and I will be there. We are both very excited.
  • This Sunday begins NACURH meetings...my goodness this is going to be a busy weekend.
  • Stay tuned for a Packer preview tomorrow.

0 comments: