I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The "Remember the Titans" Effect

If you watch TBS or TNT at all, you may notice that they play this movie a greta deal; often, I get sucked into watching the movie, because it's a pretty good movie and it's got some great scenes in it. The head coach of the football team, played by Denzel Washington, is really, really hard on his players, but as the movie goes on you see them consistently trying to play hard because of the groundwork he laid for them.

There is one scene where the team is in the middle of a grueling practice and the coach is yelling things out like, "Will...you...ever...quit?" And they respond, "No, sir."

These moments are always interesting to me because I have never had an experience like that with a coach, supervisor or whoever. I suppose now we live in a time where if a coach did things like that to his players, he would probably be suspended or fired for cruelty. However, I always think that my level of performance or my desire to compete would be raised being part of a team with that type of dedication.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get that experience, but perhaps I will.

Daily Shout-Out: Today it goes to the Breese Hall Government for having such a kick-ass meeting last night. Good attendance, good enthusiasm and good pizza. Everything was covered. They are a good group!

Other Notes:
  • The Packers are last in the ESPN NFL Football Power Rankings...ouch.
  • Christa and I have righted the wedding concerns. I think it is now full speed ahead.
  • I have re-juvenated my Madden 20o6 Superstar Franchise. Peter Brooks will now continue to his tenure as the rookie started for the Dallas Cowboys.

0 comments: