I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Leadership Camp

Tomorrow, I leave for Leadership Camp. Leadership Camp takes place in Camp Onaway in Waupaca, WI. I am looking forward to presenting my program, Leadership: Geek, Dork or Nerd; I am also looking forward to working with my hall leaders, meeting other folks and most importantly enjoying the island. There is a feeling and calmness and tranquility that comes with being on this island.

It gives me many hours of personal time to throw on my I-Pod and reflect on life and important events. Needless to say, there are many important events both short and long term that require my attention.

It is indeed a draining weekend, but also a very enjoyable one.

Daily Shout-Out: Today this goes to Di Schramke who came in yesterday to interview me about director positions for one of her classes. In taking the time to talk about my job and how I got to be here, I got a nice boost of energy which is helpful given that there is a lot of drama-generating events around draining my enthusiasm.

An honorable mention also goes to Thomas Wolf who has always offers wonderful perspective and great wisdom to me.

Other News:
  • Well, I made it into the Advance-Titan this week. I have gotten my name mentioned before, but this time they quoted me quite a bit: http://advancetitan.com/story.asp?issue=11308&story=5335.
  • I have almost completed the "medium" level on Guitar Hero. It is really tough near the end. I can only imagine how hard the next two levels will be. As you can tell, this game is quite addicting.
  • We have started our work with the Salvation Army today and will continue with it next week. It feels good to have Breese Hall back in the swing of doing Community Service.
Days Until the Wedding: 233

0 comments: