I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Two Years

Christa and I are celebrating our two year anniversary. So, I suppose it's story time.

In August, Christa and I were both at Camp Onaway in Waupaca, WI as part of training for Residence Life; she was still a CA at the time. The weather at camp two years ago was lousy, it rained a lot especially on Thursday night. At one point during the course of the evening Christa and I were both underneath the underhang of the mess hall and I was behind her. We were both there for a few minutes and neither one of us said a word, yet someone we both have since said that there was some kind of motivation in each of us to say something, but we didn't.

Side Note: Up until this point, Christa and I had only interacted a few times. She would sometimes come by my office my first year as an RHD and would call me Mr. Droste. One time she stopped by table when Peter, Ryan and I were at Player's. My main reaction was, "Wow...she's cute."

For the next few weeks, I keep thinking about Christa and wondering how she feels about me. Reverting back to the middle school era, I decide to have someone else do my reconnaisance for me. I have Ryan Bronkema talk to his girlfriend at the time who was also on staff with Christa to see how she felt. It was determined that the feeling was definitely mutual. Huzzah! Well, now I actually have to call.

Christa saved me from that burden by calling me in my apartment when I happed to be talking to someone at the desk. While talking to the desk worker, I said, "Whoever this person is, they just keep talking...I suppose I'd better just go answer." In the time that I unlocked my door and got to the phone she was still leaving a message. Christa and I decided we would just go on a walk.

Christa and I walked for a long time. We walked for at least 90 minutes and we talked about two subjects very important to us: Star Wars & music. I suppose it was meant to be. It has been a great two years and I look forward to a lifetime of being with Christa. June 16, 2007!

Shout-Out: Goes to Peter Brooks, who yesterday engaged me in an excellent conversation about our jobs and its highs and lows.

Other News:
  • The wings at Player's have been noticably hotter as of late.
  • The Chinese buffet in the Union yesterday, very disappointing.
  • Speaking of food disappointment, the brat cart will no longer be open after this week. Sad.
  • We have an interim pastor assigned to our church until the end of the year. I will get to meet him Saturday night.

0 comments: