I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

First-Year Student Move-In Day

At 9:00 a.m. today, Breese Hall opens its doors to new first-year students. This is the fourth time that I have been involved with student move-in on an RHD level. This year I feel pretty confident and prepared for the first-years to move in. I think all the paperwork is in order and I have a great lunch spread prepared for my hall leaders, staff and greeters.

With each year, I look at the move-in days, I am less stressed about it and I simply enjoy the chaos. If you think about it, you are moving around 3000 students in the residence halls in two days in tight quarters. The fact that they all make it in the building is a big enough accomplishment regardless of how clean the move-in goes.

Also with each year, I feel a decreased amount of competition between each of the halls. No matter what I might wish for, Breese Hall always seems to continue doing good programs and building a good community. I might as well realize that the staff and hall leaders have a handle on this and I should just continue to let them do their great work. It makes my job easy!

0 comments: