I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Archery Shop

I had the opportunity to hang out with my little brother Adam yesterday, and as per usual I had no idea what we would do. Adam brought up the suggestion of going to Appleton so that he could check out an archery store. He has recently gotten into hunting hanging out with Bruce, his mother's significant other (and now fiance :) ). Now, he wants to get a bow for hunting.

So, we went to the store and I was amazed. I really did not have a notion of what an archery store would look like, but this place was like a small civilization. It had the following things:
  • Deep frier along with other fried food options
  • Video gambling machine
  • pool table
  • dart board
  • two different shooting ranges
  • soda machine
  • various televisions
I have this imagine of someone coming into the store when it opens and not leaving until it closes. Seriously, what motivation do you have to leave? I assume this place provides a great sanctuary to hunters that need to get away for whatever reason. It reminds me of a sanctuary.

I'm not sure why I find that so intriguing. I suppose it has something to do with the idea that when you have a hobby that you care about, you have a place to go so that you might be able to emmerse yourself in it, in the company of like-minded folk.

Daily Shout-Out: I will give today's daily shout out to Christa, who is doing a rockin' good job with all of the wedding plans. I think we are definitely making some progress.

Other News:
  • Second OGS meeting tonight. We'll see how it goes this time.
  • Bathroom door locking meetings are this week. Students rejoice.
  • Sorry for so many posts yesterday, lots going on.

0 comments: