I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Running...Again

Loyal readers will know I have made this pledge before, but I have started running again. I really hope I can keep up with my pledge this time. I used a gift certificate to Kohl's to but a new pair of running shoes (a really nice pair I might add).

I have consistently been walking every morning and am now in the habit of getting up at 7:30 a.m. So, I thought I would sprinkle in some running 3 days a week and slowly build that up over time. I should be able to stick with it for a longer period of time.

Daily Shout-Out: Today is goes to the ING Insurance Company for letting me consolidate a retirement account I received while working in Massachusetts. It was worth $200. Woot!

Other News:
  • I am troubled by how my department can sometimes make pretty simple tasks turn into rather large and administrative tasks. Just one of the perks of the job, I guess.
  • Three submissions for the "name our plant" contest. They are all good nominations, but there could be more!
  • I had breakfast with Margaret yesterday and I was actually awake and ready to go. That never happens.

1 comments:

Hal and Anna said...

Yea for running! Here's a web site that features running, biking, swimming, and other races in Wisconsin: http://www.silentsports.net/

Perhaps you can find a fun run to work towards.