I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Family Night

So, the two McDonalds in Oshkosh (Koeller & Jackson) offer a special deal on Monday nights. You can get a 20-Piece Chicken McNugget Super Value meal for wicked cheap 3-4 bucks. It's a great option as a college student or as someone who may not necessarily to need worry for the moment about their health, but "family night"? How does this in any way provide a nourishing meal for a family?

I suppose that begs the larger question about how McDonals provided a nourishing meal at any time. I love the commercials for McDonalds where they show a mother and daughter eating "healthy" together at McDonalds. Riiiights...nothing healthy in what they're offerring there. I've read their salads are still full of fat and the yogurt parfait isn't exactly all that good for you either.

What nutritional value does the typical meal at McDonalds have? Very little...but yet, somehow I am drawn back every Monday.

0 comments: