I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Wedding Update #1(one of many)

Tonight asked if we could go over wedding stuff and I will be the first to admit that I wasn't too excited about it. Please understand, I am very, very excited to get married to Christa. In fact, I wish it was this month. What I struggle with is all the planning and money that goes into this large extravaganza, when that money and planning could be used for something or someone in more need. It seems to be such a flaunting of excess. Christa and I are both pretty simple and probably could go with something very simple. But, that will not be the case.

Last night, it clicked and we had a pretty productive session. We got a lot of ideas out on paper and we both have a task list (although hers is much larger). One other thing that we are both struggling with is all the attention that we will be getting for this 2-3 day period. We are both introverts and do not really like the spotlight, so this should be interesting...

Daily Shout-Out: The Green Bay Packers, for actually winning. Don't get your hopes up, but a win is a win. Can they beat Philly?

Other News:
  • In addition to a change in template, I am also in the process of changing the information on the side bar. It's nothing major, but you will see some tweeks.
  • The NBC Village Planning Committee meets on Friday. I am excited to see work starting to get done on this. I think the students will also be happy to know how transparent we would like this process to be.

0 comments: