I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Priorities

Christa and I went to the Pride of the Valley Barbershop Chorus concert last night. It was a really good concert. It was cool to hear them sing songs that I had sung with them for a few weeks. In a way, I wished I could have been up on stage with them. On the ride home, though, I had an interesting epiphany regarding priorities.

I made a list of things that are important to me or that I would like to play a role in my life:
  • my faith (personal)
  • my wedding
  • my job
  • my friends and family
  • my church (and its commitments)
  • my hobbies (gaming in its many forms)
  • my health (exercising)
  • Pride of the Valley...
As you look at the list, there are a lot of things going on and a lot of time involved. When you take on a new commitment, a time commitment is involved. My schedule is already pretty packed and I also want to make sure I have time left over for myself to relax, etc. So, over the last few months, I have really been weighing my options and figuring out whether or not I can take on this new commitment. We shall see.

Daily Shout-Out: Alex Kuen for reintroducing me to barbershop and helping me to find a new outlet (on some future level) to be a musician. Even if I am not a member of the chorus, I may still come and sing when the time permits :).

Other News:
  • The Packers lost, and this loss hurts more...because they were actually in the game. The offense definitely looked better, but they weren't consistent. The defense made some big plays early, but couldn't keep it up long term. So, the long season continues.

0 comments: