I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Good News!

Yesterday, I had a meeting with the District Superintendent for the Winnebago/Nicolet Region of the United Methodist Church. In our meeting, I found out that the next step in the Ministry Candidate process is to attend a retreat in July. I am planning on attending this retreat so that I might continue on in the process.

I also found out that I have two employment options while in seminary. I can go to school full-time and be a part-time pastor in a congregation. The option that intrigued me even more was the option of going to school part-time and being a full-time student pastor for a church. The reason I was excited about this idea is that it gives Christa and I the option to live in Wisconsin. Christa could teach in Wisconsin and I could commute to school two nights a week. It also allows us to be closer to family and friends.

Knowing this has decreased my anxiety about what happens when Christa and I are done at UWO. It also helps me to realize how blessed I am and how thankful I should be.

0 comments: