I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Oshkosh Half Marathon

This morning I started my fourth full week of running. Yesterday I bought a new pair of running shoes so it was nice to get them into action. I can definitely feel a difference; there is more support in the heel and ankle area. Interestingly enough, despite the benefits, I ran quite a bit slower than usual. Given the fact it was barely above freezing and that it was snowing were probably the contributing factors. Plus, it was Monday! Regardless, the 4.5 mile felt good.

Last night I also signed up for the Oshkosh Half Marathon. It is April 14, 2007. For those of you that may not know, that is a 13.1 mile run. I have also wanted to run a marathon in my lifetime; this event will be a good stepping stone to that end. The weather should be warmer and I have run 13 miles a couple times in my life. I know I can do it. I have plenty of weeks of training before the event.

What I have to fight is the fact that I have signed up for half marathons twice before and have dropped out of running before I got to them. This time I will not.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your half marathon, it's a great accomplishment!