I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Monday, January 08, 2007

We Are Marshall

Last night Jen Hass and I saw We Are Marshall. My pre-viewing reconnaissance let me know that reviews are more to the end of favorable, so I figured it should have been a pretty good movie. That was definitely the case. I really enjoyed the movie. I would give it a 7.0 out of 10 which is a solid score for the movie.

Positives:
  • The soundtrack was excellent. The movie takes place between 1969-1971 so you get lots of classic rock. The original score is also very good; I am considering purchasing it on I-Tunes.
  • The movie moves along pretty well and does not leave you hanging too often. It didn't have the boredom factor that The Good Shepherd had.
  • I liked that many of the actors are lesser known actors; it made the movie feel more real.
  • There were a few emotional moments that did not go over the top or seem cheesy; the script was very well written.
  • I liked that the ending credits showed the actors that played their characters next to real people (those that were still alive).
  • The actor they got to play Bobby Bowden was dead one. Impressive.
Negatives:
  • I wasn't a fan of Matthew McConaughey. I just felt like his acting didn't quite fit the bill.
  • The football scenes were not all that good.
I would definitely recommend seeing it. It is not doing all that well in theatres which surprises me.

0 comments: