I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Relying on Computers

The last few days have been dominated by news and frustration about my computer. I am definitely thankful for having use of my computer back. I can keep my running journal updated (I am down to 193!), I can check E-mail and can know what's going on in the world through E-news.

Going a few weeks without a computer in my apartment makes me realize how much I rely on them for almost everything in my life. I look at all of the tabs that I have on internet browser (for starters): E-mail services, financial information, news resources, blogging, sports, gaming, cell phone, running...the list goes on. So, this time I will try to take better care of my computer.

Christa talks about how scary it is that we rely on computers so much. I can't disagree with that. Think about all the information that we put in the hands of computers. I know the information can be backed up, but you can't help but be a little weirded out.

0 comments: