I update this blog almost every day. It could be about anything: politics & current events, religion, work, geek-related materials. Sometimes I just post random thoughts.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sahara

On Friday night, Christa and I rented the movie Sahara. I always had a small inkling to see the movie. I thought it might have a similar plot line to The Mummy or National Treasure. I was almost right. Sahara was a tale of two movies. I thoroughly enjoyed the first hour or so of the movie. I felt as though two interesting plot lines were developing, one involving finding buried treasure and one involving solving a epidemic. Eventually, you could sense to two stories would cross. Once they did cross, the story went down hill. You have less leeway to suspend reality because it doesn't involve the supernatural. The movie just got a little out of hand.

Likes:
  • Steve Zahn and William H. Macy deliver strong performances in this movie. I usually do enjoy the roles that they play.
  • I liked the buried Civil War Ironclad idea.
  • The music was excellent. THe film score was memorable and they also employed a lot of 70's rock throughout the movie.
Dislikes:
  • Penelope Cruz...bleh. I just don't like her as an actress. She looked out of place in this action movie.
  • Again, not a fan of Matthew McConaughey in this movie. His role seemed forced.
  • Out of control plot in the second half, even for a movie of this genre.
  • Others may disagree, but I would the ending a little anti-climatic.
Overall, I'd give it a 5.5 out of 10 stars. Moderately enjoyable; I managed to make it through the entire movie.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i like that you rate movies on how enjoyable they are instead all that technical most people do. i watch movies because i want to be entertained.